We highly recommend..
You take the measurements from your best fitting jeans laid flat on a table. It will help if you give us the brand and style you are measuring from but not absolutely necessary.
Our experience with other methods of measuring has never been as accurate and giving as satisfying results as measuring over a good fitting pair of jeans and making minor adjustments for a better fit. Please trust us on this!
If you are unsure about taking the measurements yourself we suggest you go to your local tailor or seamstress and have him or her take the measurements for you. Remember to take your best fitting pair along so you can discuss any adjustments you feel will give you a better fit.
Please note that if you are measuring from a pair of stretch jeans it will also help us to get your fit right if you give us the stretched measurement of the waist, hips and thigh.
Though not absolutely necessary it will help if you give us the brand and style you are measuring from.
To start you will need:
- A tailor’s flexible measuring tape.
- Masking tape or chalk to make reference marks for some measurements.
- Pencil, pen and paper.
- Your best fitting pair of jeans. Recently washed.
- We recommend you print our Printer Friendly Worksheet measuring instructions so you can refer to them as you make your measurements.
Helpful measuring tips for a truely Tailormade Jeanswear fit.
1. Be careful to measure using the beginning/start of the measuring tape.
2.To take accurate measurements pull the measuring tape straight, don’t leave it hanging loose. Make sure the tape is horizontal, not higher or lower on one side.
3. It will help if you measure your best fitting jeans while they are laying flat on a table. Make any adjustments to give you the fit you want
4. Alternately like some of our clients who don?t have a best fitting pair; measure a pair of jeans, shorts or trousers that fit in most places and make adjustments to give you the fit you want.
5. Don’t measure over belts or items that may be in pockets.
6. It will help save you time if you print our Printer Friendly Worksheet measuring instructions and jot down your individual measurements as you measure for later use when filling in your account form.
7. A friend or relative may be of help in taking your measurements. And it may be more fun!
Please keep the measurements you take for each measurement as we will ask you to confirm them once you place an order.